around the middle-ish of each year i like to check in to see how i am doing with my 40before40 list. below is the list as it currently stands and how much progress i am making with my goals.
the memphis things.
- visit the ernest withers gallery.
- tour the metal museum.
- walk through the mud island riverwalk. [i have strolled through the park a few times for events the last few months but have yet to go through the full thing]
eat at the original gus’s fried chicken in mason, tn. do a ghost tour at elmwood cemetery.
- tour the rock n soul museum.
- go ape! at shelby farms.
go to the world championship barbecue cooking contest. finally eat at payne’s bbq. go to a 901fc match.
- attend a memphis hustle d-league game.
- go up to the lookout at bass pro pyramid.
escape from memphis escape rooms.
- revisit jerry’s sno cones.
boulder at memphis rox.
- watch an imax movie at the pink palace.
- do a city tasting tour.
- tour the old dominick distillery.
and the non-memphis things.
- take a brother-sister trip.
- go ice skating at rockefeller center.
- run one 5k and one 10k each year. [2018: cooper-young 4-miler; st jude 10k]
- raise $5000 as a st jude hero. [2018: $1600]
- grow my own peppers.
- visit one new country each year. [2018: hungary, czech republic, austria; 2019: canada]
- visit one new place in the u.s. each year. [2018: montgomery, al; 2019: salt lake city, ut, seattle, wa]
- host a fancy party.
- cross the 1,200-mile mark on the nike+ running app. [currently at 911.6]
- take a cross-country train journey.
take a new-to-me fitness class.
- 10-year reunion trip with ellie-bear. [currently planning for 2020!]
- learn to [properly] drive a stick shift.
go on a blind date.
- finish maya angelou’s autobiographical series. [finished 4 of 7]
as you can see, i’m doing pretty well with my memphis list but have some work to do on the non-memphis things. and i still have spots up for grabs, so let me know if there is anything you think i should add.