now that i have crossed 35, it’s time for a new list! i still want to accomplish the ones i didn’t cross off my 35before35 list, but this time around i’m making my focus more local. below are the 40 things i would like to do before i turn 40, half of which are specific to memphis. as per usual, a majority of the list revolves around food, which also means there’s a solid chance i’ll have a lot more success with this one.
the memphis things:
- visit the ernest withers gallery.
- tour the metal museum.
- walk through the mud island riverwalk.
eat at the original gus’s fried chicken in mason, tn.
- do a ghost tour at elmwood cemetery.
- tour the rock n soul museum.
- visit the gibson guitar factory.
- go ape! at shelby farms
- attend a memphis hustle d-league game.
- go up to the lookout at bass pro pyramid.
- do a free walking tour with jimmy orgill.
- revisit jerry’s sno cones.
- go to the lichterman nature center.
- watch an imax movie at the pink palace.
- do a city tasting tour.
and the non-memphis things:
- take a brother-sister trip.
- go ice skating at rockefeller center.
- run one 5k and one 10k each year.
- raise $5000 as a st jude hero.
- grow my own peppers.
- 10-year reunion trip with alex-boy.
- visit one new country each year.
- visit one new place in the u.s. each year.
- host a murder mystery party.
- cross the 1,200-mile mark on the nike+ running app.
- take a cross-country train journey.
- 10-year reunion trip with ellie-bear.
- learn to [properly] drive a stick shift.
go on a blind date.
- finish maya angelou’s autobiographical series.
as you can see, i still have a few spots available, so feel free to send suggestions. and as always, company is welcome!