sometime toward the end of 2014 i decided to make a list of 35 things i want to do before i turn 35. in the 12 months prior to my 30th birthday i made an ill-fated attempt to complete a list of 30 things, but i quite simply ran out of time. this time around, rather than only 12 months, i decided to give myself the better part of 3.5 years to complete my list.
my list is constantly evolving, but this is what it looks like for the time being. as i complete tasks and post about them, i’ll link back here so that i can see at a glance how i’m doing.
go to a packers game at lambeau field.
- visit one new country each year. [sri lanka in 2015; malaysia + cambodia in 2016]
- be vegetarian for one month. [in retrospect i probably should have done this while i still lived in india, but i’m still going to keep it on here for the time being]
complete the st jude half marathon.
- see a show on broadway.
attend the candlelight vigil at graceland.
- read a book that intimidates me.
- treat myself to a proper spa day.
- take a spontaneous trip.
- try at least 2 new foods.
- learn to [properly] drive a stick shift.
visit a new place in india. [pondicherry + mussoorie]
- drive along the scottish, welsh, and / or irish coastlines.
- take a cross-country train journey.
- spend an entire weekend watching the star wars, indiana jones, and the godfather trilogies.
see a lifelong favorite in concert.
- go unplugged and off the grid for one week.
- take a cooking class.
- go on a blind date.
publish a piece of writing.
- pay for a stranger’s meal.
drive the pacific coast highway.
- take a new-to-me fitness class.
- cross the 1,000-mile mark on the nike+ running app. [currently at 735.9 miles and counting]
- host a fancy dinner party / murder mystery party.
see a ballet. join an adult sports team.
- go ice skating at rockefeller center.
check this page every few months to see what new thing i’ve crossed off my list!
[updated april 2017]