week 3 definitely had its ups and downs. i hit a little bit of a mental wall on wednesday afternoon and gave myself a little time off. there are lots of things – and people – i miss, but we are slowly figuring this out. also, apparently it’s april now?
yes, i technically read four books last week, but three of them were graphic novels and therefore went really quickly.
- harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban by j.k. rowling [forever my favorite in the series]
- march: books one, two, and three by john lewis and andrew aydin; art by nate powell
- a league of their own. it holds up.
- seinfeld: finished season 7
- scrubs: season 1, episode 1 [to go along with the first episode of fake doctors, real friends, zach braff and donald faison’s new scrubs rewatch podcast]
supporting memphis / small businesses.
- buddy prints from getARCHd for my buddies and me [that promo was only for last week, but they are coming up with new ideas each week]
- food from aldo’s, dwj, india palace, wing guru, and mulan
- instant pot lemon chicken thighs from damn delicious
- thyme roasted carrots from cravings by chrissy teigen
- okra learned from mama swam
all the walking. anytime i have to call someone, i’m out the door with my airpods in my ear so i can walk and talk. this included:
- a long walk during my therapy appointment on wednesday
- a 20-minute run on thursday
- an hourlong walk on sunday afternoon
i’m super bummed that shelby forest – and all state parks – are now closed. i get it, but i’m still bummed.
this was a big week for the phone chats! i joked on wednesday that my social life is busier during quarantine than it was before, and there is definitely a ring of truth to it.
- whatsapp chat with maggie and katie
- zoom call with lauren and jen
- zoom / facetime with sarah and corrinne
- friday night virtual cooking lesson with molly
- facetime with chrystal and pat
- facetime with lauren and sam
- cleaned the stove!
- cleaned off the coffee table
- ran the roomba through my bedroom
- started purging books
it was a pretty low-key week around here. let’s see what week 4 has in store for us.
how are all of you holding up? sending hugs to anyone who needs them.