well, here we are with two weeks behind us. last week was the week everyone went wild over zoom, plus we had our parent orientations, so i’m a little burned out on virtual meetings. but in good news the sun came out and we had four days in a row of beautiful weather. it’s the little things.
i didn’t read as much last week because of parent orientations and because i needed a little break, but i still managed to finish 2 books.
- the girl with the louding voice by abi daré
- a song flung up to heaven by maya angelou [the final book in her 6-part autobiographical series!]
- seinfeld, finished season 6 and nearly through season 7
- star wars episode i: the phantom menace. i’m watching all the movies in chronological order, so i got the first one out of the way on saturday evening
supporting memphis / small businesses.
i’m still trying to support local places as well as a few friends’ small businesses as i can.
- honeysuckle gelato [co-owned by my friend wes!]
- community foundation of greater memphis’ mid-south covid-19 regional response fun [my parents and i made a joint donation]
- memphis food industry emergency worker assistance gofundme organized by edible memphis [this was week 1 but i forgot to include it]
- jackalope brewing company [co-owned by my boy steve and my favorite small business to support; because what i really need right now is more jackalope apparel]
- shelby farms park
- music export memphis fundraiser for local musicians who had shows cancelled
- kwik chek / maciel’s / mulan / inspire community café
- sheet-pan salmon with broccoli from nyt cooking [i’m a big fan of lidey heuck’s recipes; her red curry lentils with sweet potatoes and spinach is one of my favorites]
- easy thai red curry from damn delicious [in case you couldn’t tell, hers is one of my favorite websites; easy-to-follow recipes that use a lot of pantry staples and are super tasty!]
- still got in a walk or run every day except tuesday, including:
- walk around the lake at shelby farms
- run in overton park
- hike at shelby forest
- aiming to do some kind of core exercise every other day-ish
- ladies zoom happy hour
- facetime dinner date with chrystal and pat
- quick chat with maggie
- whatsapp chat with alex
- instagram live cooking class with molly
- chat with jane
- drinks with caitlin
- call with chrystal and pat
- brought my summer stuff down from the attic and stowed away my sweaters and scarves
- re-arranged some of the boxes in the attic while i was up there for easier access
as i told my father, it’s amazing how productive i can be on the weekend when i’m not exhausted from the week gone past. i’ve never known an 8.30-5 lifestyle, and it’s been quite eye-opening for me.
let’s see how week 3 goes…
if you’re interested: week 1
note: the amazon links are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something through them i earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
2 thoughts on “taking stock: quarantine, week 2.”