i meant to post an update about my ongoing 35before35 project around the time of my birthday, but as i mentioned a few weeks ago, i needed a break from blogging over the summer. i am slowly finding my flow again, and now is as good a time as any to revisit my list to see what i have accomplished – or am still working on – and what has been added or deleted.
the list has definitely undergone some edits, but here is its current iteration, with a few notes:
go to a packers game at lambeau field.
- visit one new country each year. [sri lanka in 2015; malaysia + cambodia in 2016]
- be vegetarian for one month. [in retrospect i probably should have done this while i still lived in india, but i’m still going to keep it on here for the time being]
- complete two more half-marathons. [currently training for the st jude half in december]
- learn to scuba dive.
- see a show on broadway.
- read a book that intimidates me.
- treat myself to a proper spa day.
- take a spontaneous trip.
- try at least 2 new foods.
- learn to [properly] drive a stick shift.
visit a new place in india.
- read gone with the wind.
- drive along the scottish, welsh, and / or irish coastlines.
- take a cross-country train journey.
- spend an entire weekend watching the star wars, indiana jones, and the godfather trilogies.
- go unplugged and off the grid for one week.
- take a cooking class.
- go on a blind date.
- pay for a stranger’s meal.
- drive the pacific coast highway.
- take a spin or barre class.
- go to las vegas.
- cross the 1,000-mile mark on the nike+ running app. [currently at 652.6 miles and counting]
- host a fancy dinner party / murder mystery party.
- see a ballet or symphony.
there is still a long way to go, and i will surely make more changes as time progresses, but it’s good to keep an eye on it from time-to-time. and now that i am back in the states, many of the items have become much more realistic.
probably the biggest change is that i got rid of my quest to read all the booker winners of my lifetime. i read the first 7 or 8, and they were more trouble than they were worth. of the ones i read, moon tiger was the only one i really liked and most were about 200 pages longer than they needed to be. i decided the quest wasn’t worth reading books i didn’t enjoy just for the sake of having read them so that item is off the list.
i will keep updating my 35before35 page if you are interested in following along, and please let me know if you have any suggestions for things to add to my list!