week 9 was an interesting one. work wise we made some good progress in summer preparations, and personally i spent some time doing things i wanted or needed to do for myself. it was neither a great week nor a terrible one; it just was.
- the art of gathering: how we meet and why it matters by priya parker. it is very good and i think everyone should read it!
- finished seinfeld season 9 and my series watch is complete
- a few episodes of the good place, season 2
- also apparently fell asleep watching beauty and the beast saturday night
supporting memphis / small businesses.
- she doesn’t have an official shop, but i bought a mask from my friend leslie
- new harbert candles — excited for her new citronella candle, and she lives two blocks from me so the pickup was a breeze!
- signet sealed now has new girl coloring pages and i am so here for it
- usps — i ordered stamps online and it was super easy
- technically sarah supported the memphis river parks partnership, but i got the shirt and will treasure it forever
- does cashsaver count? i think it does. plus i got hit on by the cashier, so win-win
- huey’s, mulan, kwik chek, hyderabad house
i went to the grocery store for the first time in a month and it was great. all of the below recipes are from nyt cooking.
- quick lamb ragù from alison roman
- brown butter salmon with lemon and harissa, also from alison roman
- sheet pan gochujang shrimp and green beans from ali slagle
- four new peloton workouts:
- 10 minute bodyweight strength with becs gentry
- 10 minute bodyweight strength with chase tucker [i think this one might be my favorite]
- 10 minute arms and shoulders strength with chase tucker
- 10 minute bodyweight strength with olivia amato [this was hard but i really liked it]
- short run on tuesday morning and a longer one on saturday
- an o’irish family reunion
- lots of texting with sarah while she watches normal people
- spent friday morning at the office with kaché and riggs
- driveway celebration for rich’s birthday
- saturday sunset with chrystal and pat
- mailed lots of postcards
- changed my shower curtain liner!
and there you have week 9. i will likely be returning to the office either next week or the week after, so we only have a few of these remaining.
stay safe. stay home.