i’ll be honest, i struggled a lot last week. it was the week i really started to feel closed in, but a few breaks to stroll along the river helped me out a lot. it was also supposed to be the week i was going to boston to see lauren and sam, so i was bummed about missing that trip as well.
it was a full-on harry potter week. i normally take a break between each of the books, but i went straight from 5 to 6 to stay in the thick of the story.
- harry potter and the order of the phoenix by j.k. rowling
- harry potter and the half-blood prince by j.k. rowling
- this article by grace farris about having to live apart from her children while she takes care of covid patients
another week where i didn’t watch anything. i honestly can’t remember the last time our television was turned on.
supporting memphis / small businesses.
- got a honeysuckle jasmine candle from leah sweet ceramics via the memphis modern market pop up
- new running shoes from grivet outdoors!
- india palace, kwik chek, dwj, gus’s, huey’s. it was a good week for my stomach
i took advantage of a rainy sunday and got back into the cooking groove.
- thai-inspired coconut curry soup from nyt cooking
- one-pan coconut curry rice with chicken and vegetables from nyt cooking [ali slage is clearly another favorite]
- plus some yummy spinach to go with all of it
- a long walk every day, including an hourlong walk along the river on wednesday that did so much for my headspace
- ran the butler street stairs [my goal is to add to it each week]
- 20-minute run along the river on friday afternoon [gotta break in those new running shoes!]
- oliver lee’s 20-minute bodyweight strength class on the peloton app [i really liked this one!]
- bailey brown’s 9-minute standing abs workout [this was ok; i should have done a stretching session after]
- zoom call with my rhodes trivia team
- quick chat with corrinne to gush about our new running shoes
- another instagram live cooking class with my molly sister
- whatsapp chat with best friend sastri
- a long walk with chrystal and pat [we stayed 6+ feet apart, and i wore my mask the whole time] that included a gorgeous memphis sunset
- quick chat with sarah because i needed to share some funny news
nothing too crazy. all of my free time was spent at hogwarts.
- changed my sheets and did my laundry, both of which i’m counting as wins
this week doesn’t have anything big i’m having to miss, so hopefully it will look a little better. and hopefully the weather holds.