last friday i treated myself to a “happy 1 year in nyc” adventure day. i took the day off work, made a list of a few places i wanted to see, and set out for the day. in the end i clocked over 15,000 and traversed parts of chelsea, chinatown, little italy, the lower east side, nolita, washington square park, and union square. i visited a museum, ran a few errands, perused some bookstores, and wrapped it all up with a best friend dinner to celebrate the year. it was very windy and cold, but the sun was shining and i had a fabulous day.
when it was all said and done i had visited:
- poster house — to see the air-india advertising exhibit
- yu & me books
- sweet pickle books — they sell both books and pickles!
- mcnally jackson prince st
- housing works bookstore
- washington square park
- fleet feet
- barnes & noble union square
- gupshup — because they have both old monk and thums up and what’s more celebratory than that?
- old town
here are some photos, if you’d like to see!
here’s to celebrating milestones both big and small.
One thought on “nyc adventure day.”